First I covered the piece with gold organza and heavily quilted it with square & rectangular spirals. After cutting away some of the shapes to expose the original fabric I thought it was interesting but lacked something (focus, interest, theme, wow factor - all of the above!).

So then I attacked it with the rotary cutter - a scary move and no rulers involved which accounts for the lack of accurate angles but I like it like that. I then placed some of these shapes onto a piece of rich green Thai silk which set off the gold.

Then the shapes were satin stitched onto the silk with orange thread which caused quite a few ripples in the silk. More quilting flattened it out. Still needed something so some additional orange silk shapes and of course beads finished it off.

It's greatness! Thanks for sharing the steps you took. So interesting!
ReplyDeleteLooks great - love the second incarnation, good things happen when you are brave.
ReplyDeleteLisa,
ReplyDeleteYou make it look so easy! What a great effect you got by cutting up the fabric.