Thursday, February 14, 2008

Other Glimpses

Back to Calcutta..
A wall of murals brightens up a street although I don't think they are very old.






This is College Street which is full of book stalls. Another long awaited planned destination for Peter
Don't think I would fancy a swim in this local pool!


Tiffin (or tea time) was very important in the past. This is a famous Tiffin Hall




Finally the news that Peter had been dreading - BOOK FAIR CANCELLED! The day before it was due to open the organizers lost their appeal to the Supreme Court and the Book Fair was cancelled on Environmental Grounds. The mind boggles!
Having seen the best Calcutta seemed to offer - the lovely people at Thai Airways allowed him to rebook his flight for an earlier one.

I think he has India out of his system for a little while now. I know there are wonderful places and amazing cultures and art in India - I just think he wasn't in the right place at the right time.

No comments: