Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Away

I had a lovely weekend in the Blue Mountains. Not really mountains by normal standards everywhere else but it's just what they are called. The blue refers to the blue haze given off by the eucalyptus trees.
The most famous landmark up there is the Three Sisters which we visited int he morning before class.

The view across the valley is wonderful and peaceful and at this time of the morning the only noise was the screaching of a flock of cockatoos in the valley.

We were doing Breaking the Drought which is a great way to get to know your machine. You embellish fabrics before cutting them up. One of my students was an English lady called Chris who was leaving for home the next day but said the class was one of the highlights of her trip. Lovely to think a little piece of Australia was going back to England.

The class was held at the Stitching Post which has a wonderful collection of fabrics and embroidery set in a lovely house with a beautiful garden. These grape leaves were turning into their autumn colours.
I am going back in August to run a Fabrications Workshop. Maybe you would like to join us.

3 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

It looks like a wonderful class!

I always think of one of my fav movies, Sirens, when I hear of the Blue Mountains, since that's where it was filmed, at norman lindsey's house and studio...it's on my list of places I'd like to see before I die.

Dianne said...

This looks like a fun workshop- wish I lived closer as the upcoming ones sound super too. Love those fabrics the ladies are working on.

Lisa Walton said...

Sorry you don't live closer but the fabrics were all mine and I still have some of the wonderful rainbow one shown if you are interested.

Norman Lindseys house is one of my favourite spots too. I love the unfinished painting in his studio which has just been left as it was. I haven't been for a few years but expect it is unchanges as it should be.
Regards
lisa