Saturday, May 17, 2008

Class in the UK

I am very excited to announce that I will be teaching at The Bramble Patch in the UK in September (1st and 2nd). I will be teaching my Breaking the Drought quilt which was originally commissioned by Janome as a showcase for the wonderful 6500/6600. It was used in their advertising and was also a Houston Finalist.

The workshop is an opportunity for beginners and intermediate quilters to really play around with their machines (any brands) and learn to use some of those strange stitches they have never touched, try bobbin work, raw edge applique and other techniques. Free motion quilting is also explored. The piecing is simple and it is a really fun quilt to make and very freeing and satisfying.

It is definitely one of my most popular workshops and I love seeing the variations that my students come up with.

For those of you in Australia who are interested - I am teaching this workshop at Quiltlove and Berry Patchwork in the next few months and all information can be found on my website in the Workshops Section.

So if you are in the UK and would like a little piece of Australiana - please come to the Bramble Patch for a wonderful workshop.

3 comments:

Kt said...

Yaaaay!

Fabulous news. I am so happy for you.

(And a weeny bit jealous!)

Erica Spinks said...

Woo hoo! Hi there international teacher!

Anonymous said...

You will like The Bramble Patch, nice people, pretty village on the canal. They will enjoy your work.