Saturday, July 4, 2009

Oil Painting for Beginners


Ok don't laugh but I am doing a painting class this weekend. It is an oil painting class run by Ken Harris who has a tv show on a local station but I have always been impressed at how he seems to magically create trees and skies and other things with a flick of a brush or palette knife. So when I heard about this class I signed up.
He does seem to have an ongoing theme of palm trees but I left them out of the second painting below.

Anyway - I am having fun and even Peter was a little impressed when I brought these two masterpieces home tonight. At least I am learning some techniques and it is always good to learn something new - and I got to buy some more paints and things which is always a bonus

I wonder what tomorrow will bring.

6 comments:

Emma said...

Wow! You managed those in the first lesson? Either you've some considerable skill already, or he's a miracle-worker!

Unknown said...

Your fabric tells the story Lisa! If you can paint on fabric you can do anything!!!

JUST BEAUTIFUL! Yes I'm shouting. awesome!

Julie said...

WOW Lisa these are really good. I can not draw or paint to save my life, so your one step ahead there for sure.

Brenda said...

Impressive

mzjohansen said...

I think that that these are totally awesome and I too would jump at being able to take a painting class! Good on you !

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

They all are so pretty. Yes, your painting shows how awesome you are!