Monday, January 11, 2010

Beneath the Suface


This is my latest quilt project to be published.
It is called Beneath the Surface and can be found in the latest issue of Australian Patchwork and Quilting.
The original was made with hand dyed cotton and raw silk and of course embellished with beads with the additional feature of Angelina Fibre leaves floating along.

The quilt spent a couple of years with one of the Ricky Timms exhibitions and has been home for a while now.


The original beads used for the quilt are no longer available but I have substituted others in the kit and you can order it from the website with just the hand dyed cottons or the silk for an additional cost. Angelina fibres are also included in the kit so if you have wanted to play about with simple curved piecing, beading and Angelina Fibres here is the perfect project.
The pattern is available locally but if you can't get it I am happy to purchase one and add it to your order.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Lisa,

Love this quilt and congrats on it being in Aust. Patchwork & Quilting, my copy arrived this morning and I am of to have a cuppa and read it.

Unknown said...

Grrrrr! Stop tempting me!!!!!

I love it too!

Hugz

Harmony Hopes Studio said...

Lisa, you out did yourself. Beautiful. You are an inspiration.
Penny

MM said...

absolutely gorgeous! congratulations!