Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sayonara


We are off for a little holiday to Japan tomorrow. I can't wait. I love Japan and although I have been there a few times it has always been for too short a time.

Today - as if by magic - the newspaper travel section has a wonderful article on what to do for 24 Hours in Tokyo! Some really interesting places so we are going to follow it to the letter (until at least we get lost). How could you resist the Salt and Tobacco Museum or the Life Safety Learning Centre - all about earthquakes?

Then we will be off to Osaka and Kyoto clutching lots of interesting ideas of places to visit. Some of them courtesy of my friend Helen who did lots of groundwork for us earlier this year - thanks Helen.

I probably won't be blogging this trip but will try and keep you up to date on Facebook.

4 comments:

cj said...

Have fun! That little guy is just too cute!

Downunderdale said...

Hi Lisa

You could take your bikes and do the pilgrimage my son is doing - quite an experience. http://blogorollo.wordpress.com/

but do have a great time
Dale

Tracie Tsuneya said...

My uncle worked developing the Universal Studios in Osaka, and I have family in Hiroshima.
You should definitely check out the gigantic aquarium (with the Whale Sharks) in Osaka; that was my favorite place to visit when I was a kid.
btw that curry bowl dog is soooooo cute!!

Unknown said...

i would so love to go to japan, it is so amasint