Friday, October 22, 2010

New Quilter in Brisbane



I thought it would be interesting to have a demonstration happening at our stand at the Brisbane Quilt Show so Bernina kindly lent me a new 380 machine (very nice to use) and Just Patchwork lent me a SewEzi portable sewing table. This very stable but light table allows the machine to fit perfectly flush with the top and plenty of leg room to use the knee lift. I am very impressed with it.

Anyway - as I spend a lot of time at shows helping customers select fabrics and projects I thought I would ask Peter if he wanted to make the Terrific Tumblers quilt that I was planning to demonstrate. I thought he would just laugh but he surprised me and agreed. Well - what a star! He has never touched a sewing machine apart from carrying mine but has taken to it like a duck to water. He is making one in earthy browns and golds and it is going to look beautiful. The blocks are die cut and have the corners snipped so it is so easy and quick to put together.

He is churning through the piecing and I am not allowed to touch it - he wants to do it all himself which is wonderful. Is there anything this man cannot do?
This is the original blue/green one I have made but hopefully soon I will have a new one to show you.

4 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

Peter looks like he was born to stitch!

Judy said...

Hi! Lisa,

What a talented husband you have, looking forward to seeing Peter's finished quilt, I hope he will lets us see it.

Unknown said...

Oh that is a slippy slope. He is going to want his own studio and stash next!

Unknown said...

Wow Peter - saw you hard at work at the show today - fantastic shopfront and no takeovers allowed.