Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blogging Gap

Naughty me - can't believe I have gone a week without blogging. That is the curse of Facebook I think. I post a lot there and sometimes neglect the blog.

It's not as if I haven't been busy - I have. I am working on a major quilt which has to be a bit multi-functional for me. I plan to enter it into the Sydney Quilt Show, be part of my Houston Exhibition and also my final City and Guilds project. So can't show you yet but suffice to say that it is something very different for me but does have a gradation of 18 shades and hexagons. I am very pleased at how it is coming along but it has a way to go yet.

My news this week is that I have been accepted as a tutor to Houston this year.
I will be teaching my Breaking the Drought quilt project (above) which is all about learning to use some of those features on your machine that you have but never use.

Crystallisation

and Threads to Dye For

so I will be very busy but there is still time for me to do a few workshops myself earlier in the week which will be great..

I have also been asked to teach in Vermont which I really hope happens as I have never been to the East Coast of the US. I will have some time before I need to be in Houston so if you are in a guild or have a store and are interested in having me visit for a workshop please contact me.

No comments: