Thursday, June 9, 2011

Textured Treasures in Bundaberg

 I really enjoy teaching my Textured Treasures workshop. I absolutely never know how it is going to turn out. Still in Bundaberg we changed venues for this 2 day workshop to an enormous building. Lots of available space, tables, water, light and even grass for drying fabrics. Topped off by perfect weather of wam sunshine and low wind so our fabrics didn't blow away.
There was even lots of foliage for sun printing.
Joy (above) created some beautiful fabrics from stamps inspired by her recent travels and by the end of the workshop had completed a stunning little quilt. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

One of my students was a last minute addition who was very hesitant about 'letting go'. By the end of the workshop Leanne was painting and stamping along with the rest with a relaxed and creative attitude. It was wonderful to see her change over the two days.
Shirley used my Orvieto stamp and an Indonesian batik stamp to create this multilayered (and multicultural) wholecloth. She even started quilting it by the end of the workshop

I love it when I have younger students in class and Mandy really enjoyed herself. This is one of her pieces which was painted and then stamped (with her own design carved stamp) and then further embellished with couching
and then amazing additional features made out of painted make up removed pads and organza shapes.

1 comment:

Edie said...

Looks like everyone had a fantastic time. I'm getting inspired again. Cheers Edith