Sunday, December 4, 2011

Fun Earrings Project

I have been feeling so inspired by the colours and textures of the Felts that I decided to make a pair of earrings. It was not as if I needed to do any shopping as magically I seemed to have everything I needed.

First (using beading thread doubled) I tied a knot in the thread and went from top to bottom of a small ball pulling slightly to allow the know to be buried in the ball.
Then with needle coming out other side thread one large and one small bead and then go back through large bead and ball.
Thread a small bead and spacer and bead and then other small felt ball and repeat till you come out on the top of the large felt ball. I have a wonderful collection of genuine Thai silver spacers which were just perfect.

Tie a knot in the thread and then put needle back into ball to bury the know as at the start.
 Using a head pin (from beading supplies) - insert through large ball and then add bead and spacer and bead as before.
 Using small round nose pliers, turn top of pin into circle. Attach jump ring and earring wires
 And here they are! So simple!

Would you like to make your own? I have made up kits in a variety of colourways for $15 BUT just for this month I will give away a kit in a colourway of your choice with every order over $40 on the website.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Lisa - I'm just re-watching the DVD you made for QC re beading a quilt - great! I noticed you are wearing the same cool watch you had on at the Scquilters GTG - gorgeous!!!