Friday, February 22, 2013

Textured Treasures Workshop at Home


 Last weekend I ran a version of my Textured Treasures workshop at home. As there was no sewing and mainly surface design techniques I changed it around a little.

I had 6 enthusiastic students including one who came from New Zealand just for the workshop. That was a good number as everyone had enough space and I could give my full attention to everyone easily.

Peter made a delicious lunch too. Even though we are on a strict diet he still managed to make it delicious as well as healthy.

Unfortunately we had a torrential downpour on Saturday morning but it was just about time to carve our stamps so we sheltered under the awning and apart from a few drips, everyone remained pretty dry.
Here are some of my demonstration samples.

Then the sun came out for the next two days and the awning was definitely useful for us to keep our cool.
 

We used the garden for drying our fabrics when we ran out of flat space and at time the garden definitely looked like a laundry with beautiful fat quarters of original fabrics all over the place.

We did fabric painting, sun prints, stencilling, stamping, rubbing, foiling, thread dyeing, stamp carving, embossed velvet, and generally just had a very creative time.


 

If you are in around NSW I am teaching this workshop for Queenbeyan Quilters on the 9th & 10th March and I know they would love another couple of students. Contact Narell as soon as possible.

If you are considering going to the Taupo Symposium in July in NZ, I am doing a three day version of Textured Treasures and it will be a fabulous opportunity to really immerse yourself in all a great variety of surface design techniques as well as attending the biggest Quilt Symposium in the region.

I hope to see some of you soon.

No comments: