Thursday, December 27, 2007

Living the Creative Life

One of the benefits of my new life is that I am finding time to read a little more.

I have, over the last few years, only read technique type books or magazines as by the time I get time to read my eyes are too tired or the rest of me is exhausted.

So to find a book called - Living the Creative Life by Rice Freeman-Zachery was too opportune to pass up.

I have just finished it and it has consolidated a lot of the ideas and thoughts that have been going around (and around and around) in my brain.

She also has a discussion group which I think I might have to join too - just what I need another list - but I think it may be worthwhile.

The artwork in the book is brilliant and inspiring and crosses many different art forms but with a consistent theme.

2 comments:

Jamie Fingal said...

Rice is a contributing artist in my new book "Embellished Mini Quilts" - she is an amazing artist. Her rubber stamped journal clothing is amazing. She really lives 'the creative life' and I loved her book - reads just like a journal.

Unknown said...

I have the sample of this on my I-touch kindle app and was considering whether it was worth paying for the full book. So now I know.