Wednesday, February 20, 2008

AQC 2008

We got up well before dawn to catch an early flight to Melbourne today for the Australasian Quilt Convention (AQC). Unfortunately we got to the venue well before they were ready to let us in - lovely cup of honeydew tea - ok it smelt better than it tasted but we live and learn.
Once inside we were dismayed to only find one of our two pallets had arrived. Of course the missing one was the one with the ladders and tables and starting bits and pieces so a small wait until its mate was found. Finally a couple of hours after arrival it was found so we started.

Didn't take too long this time (about 4 hours) so we must be getting into the swing of it.

I also got to attend the Tutor Briefing as I am teaching my beading workshop. It was fun to play with the big kids - they are an impressive group of tutors which I was honoured to be a part of.
Some others weren't quite as fast as us - a long night ahead for some.

3 comments:

Dy said...

Wow, Lisa your stall looks fabulous!

Anne said...

Hi Lisa,
Your booth looks so inviting! I love the quilts on the wall. I wish I could visit your booth (and get up close to the quilts)! Coming to the states anytime soon?

Terri Stegmiller said...

Oh my gosh your booth looks fabulous. I know if I was there, it would definitely draw me in.