Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Weekend Workshop

I spent the weekend with the Riviera Quilters in the lovely (but very warm) Victorian country near Bairnsdale.
We had a great couple of days and my beading class certainly seemed to enjoy themselves. We had students at all levels but they all created wonderful pieces. Here are some of them looking quite happy. How could you not enjoy this wonderful atmosphere in the Australian bush.



The venue was the Coonawarra Farm Retreat which had lots of great activities for families and more active people than us. The pool was quite popular in the heat but the horse rides and flying fox remained unused by the quilters.

There was a lovely view outside the workshop rooms - reminiscent of Tom Roberts classic Australian paintings. We were woken in the morning with the cackling of kookaburras and cockatoos which was then followed by the laughter of a lot of happy quilters.



A drive back to Melbourne into the sunset on Sunday topped off the weekend - I won't mention the 6 hour wait at Melbourne Airport on Monday.

1 comment:

Christine said...

That countryside looks so peaceful, I'm sure it was very inspiring for you all. How do you find retreats are for being creative, I find I don't do much actual work at workshops, is this the same? I come away inspired, but find it hard to be creative in a strange environment with unfamiliar tools and strangers. Is it just me?
Hooroo,
Christine
http://missmuffettwo.blogspot.com/