Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oranges and Lemons

My latest quilt has just appeared in this months issue of the Australian magazine Down Under Quilts.
It is called Oranges and Lemons because I really liked the fabric set we dyed and they reminded me of lots of bright citrus fruits.

It is a simple strip pieced quilt cut into diamonds with a border.
The quilting is straight line parallels (well sort of).

It made the the cover of the issue which is wonderful but my scanner is not working so I can't scan it to show you.

It is available as a kit but until this issue of the magazine expires I am unable to sell my pattern separately so if you are interested but not in Australia I will supply a copy of the magazine.

7 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

The colors are wonderful and I like how the diamonds extend into the border at non-specific intervals. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful colors -- but subconsciously I was looking for the 'bells of St. Clemens'. Still a beautiful quilt!

Jacquie in Vermont

Carole said...

Lovely, Lisa!!
And I can almost smell the oranges and lemons.........ummmm.
Love the diamonds.... working on diamonds now myself, not as easy as it looks.
You do [and have done] and nice job of what you do.
Carole

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Must be great to have your work featured on the cover of a magazine.The diamond shapes breaking free of the borders has the effect of a basket overflowing with lemons and oranges.

Anne said...

Many congratulation!

The colors are so vivid, yummy.

Anne in Maryland.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful as always... I too really like how the diamonds reach into the border. You really excel at designing quilts that are (relatively) technically easy but visually stunning... WELL DONE (again!),

Cheers, Sarah

Anonymous said...

I know it's always fun to see how others make up your quilt designs so, in case you haven't already seen it, you might like to take a look at Helen's variation.