Wednesday, August 27, 2008

18 Hours in Seoul

Only a stopover this time but a week on the way back which should be very interesting if these are anything to go by.

In the hotel there were instructions on how to repell out the window in the case of fire. We were a little worried about how to break the window until we found the hammer in the repelling kit.



Our room had a couple of pojagi quilts (framed and nailed to the walls) and also one little quilt above the toilet.




This interesting sculpture was the only thing to look at on the 1km trip from airport hotel to the airport.

6 comments:

Kt said...

That sculpture? I wouldn't have believed you without the photo!

Nic Bridges said...

Slightly phallic, do you think? There must be a story there...

Jenny Bowker said...

at least it was glad to see you!

Unknown said...

OMG! that sculpture is too much. I guess that is to get people excited about Korea, lol. That really shows the cultural differences between the east and west, I don't think anything like that could get approved in the US.

The repelling kit in the hotel is pretty amazing too.

Sarah Ann Smith said...

That makes five of us with the same reaction..... hmmmm......

Sarah

Lisar said...

Make it 6!!!!! I am glad it not just my brain that thinks that way...I don;t think I'd like to be hanging for my life form that flimsy looking hook in the floor!!!
Love the little quilts though...
Lisa in Melbourne