Friday, August 8, 2008

A Real Grownup Ad

Although we - Dyed & Gone to Heaven - have been in business for a few years now we have never actually advertised. It has been wonderful to grow just by word of mouth but the time had come to take the next step.

After a lot of research I decided to place ads in an American Magazine to perhaps reach different groups of quilters. The magazine I selected was Quilters Home which is a fairly new magazine which I think appeals to quilters who would like my work too.

Today I received my copy of the latest issue - September/October which contains our ad. It will be interesting to see what response we get. Unfortunately when we booked this first one we had not planned our trip but I am planning an incentive to help people to decide to order while we are away.

Must be a real business now. Do you like the ad?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Lisa!
Congratulations on the big step and hope it goes well for you.
Judy

Clare Wassermann said...

very posh ad - what are postage rates like to the UK do you know?
JGYG

Judy said...

Dear Lisa,

You must feel really great and the add is super nice and uncluttered.

Nic Bridges said...

Looks great!!

Lisar said...

The ad looks great...very eye catching and tempting

Lisar said...

The ad looks great...very eye catching and tempting