Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Paris

I love Paris - I guess everyone does but it is just magical with beauty wherever you look.
This time we are staying in the Latin Quarter in a tiny apartment with a loft bed and a leaking sink but the street/lane it is in is a pedestrian street about 10 feet away from a bustling market area.

Cheeses, chocolates, patisseries, fruit and vegetable stores are side by side restaurants and fashion. The bars and restaurants tumble onto the narrow footpath so you usually walk on the roads which sometime compete with cars and scooters.

Art and architecture is everywhere you look.




We were worried about this fellow climbing on Notre Dame as he seemed to be stuck but we decided he was just cleaning and his workmates went to lunch.

We spent yesterday at Le Puce - the Flea Markets. You could buy anything from traditional French furniture to antique lace to magnificent artworks

Of course I managed to find some beads but they were outrageously priced. If you can see the little plastic cup (in the yellow section) - one of those filled was €16 which is not cheap. I resisted as I have some more bead shopping planned next week at our next destination.

Eyes and various bits for ceramic antique dolls

Chocolate moulds

I really wanted these letters but, again, they were very expensive and I wouldn't have been able to choose which letters and which sizes - they had many different boxes like this with different sizes.

Too much to do and not enough time although I think years would not be enough.
More later.

3 comments:

Michelle Watters said...

I am loving your travel diary and keeping up with all your adventures. I think I need to plan a trip. And go back and buy some beads!

Anonymous said...

I haven't told you this before but I so love to read about your europian adventures! Keep on blogging and sharing with us!
have lost of fun in Paris!

Hugs from the Netherlands
Winda aka DutchQuilter

Norma Schlager said...

This makes me want to go back to Paris. I loved it and did not find the people that we met to be rude as I had heard they were. Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories.