Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slight Diversion

I have been a little naughty and bought a new set of watercolour paints. I bought a cheap set when I got all my C&G requirements and it is true that you get what you pay for. So even though I don't really need them I went looking for a better set and just had to buy a Sennelier set. It was just calling out for me to buy it so I did.

So today I printed out one of my photos from the UK trip and just sat down and tried to paint it. It was fun - not good - but fun. I am astounded how even though I have only just started this course I am looking at things differently all the time.
This is the photo

This is my attempt


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty good Lisa-you certainly have the colours well chosen. And it is unfortunately true that no matter what it is ,the more expensive one usually IS better!!!!camcas

Judy said...

Lisa,

Good one for a first try, I know I couldn't manage.

Anonymous said...

PS lisa-buying essential art equipment like paints to maintain one's sanity is not "naughty" .!!!! Santa would understand!!! camcas

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I love it!

Rayna said...

I meant to comment the other day that I thought the painting was more interesting than the photo. You are interpreting, not reproducing (otherwise, why not just have the photo?) - and I think it's terrific.
Watercolors are difficult to work with, I think.

Anonymous said...

I would be happy to paint like that, Lisa. Finding your blog so interesting. Hope you are mending well!
love
Shirley