Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back from Melbourne

We are just back from the AQC in Melbourne. I loved it but didn't have access to blog so that is why I have been so quiet for a week.

The AQC was held in the restored Exhibition Building and it had to be the most beautiful building I have spent time in for ages.

We spent a day wandering the streets of Melbourne where the alleyways tend to be art galleries

and the art Galleries are full of magic. I was thrilled to be able to go to the Rosalie Gasgione exhibition. I have always loved her work and to see it en masse was pure joy.

I taught an Aurora Workshop on Monday and all the ladies really seemed to enjoy themselves so it was a great end to the week in Melbourne.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looking at all those lovely Auroras in progress it seems that the brown/green/blue is the least popular-do you think thats right??
don't know why cos I love mine! camcas

Anonymous said...

looking at all those lovely Auroras in progress it seems that the brown/green/blue is the least popular-do you think thats right??
don't know why cos I love mine! camcas

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Glad you're back.... I was a bit worried but hoped you were at the show and just busy....yes! The Aurora class ladies look happy...for a reason! Good luck with the weather and the drying,

Sarah, in Maine, where it was 3 degrees above zero Fahrenheit this morning...unusually cold! even for here!

OneLittleThread said...

AND you saw the Rosalie Gascoigne exhibition...now I'm truly envious.
My textile art class did a short study on her a couple of years ago...what an amazing woman and incredible artist.
cheers, Alison KC