Monday, April 13, 2009

Food



I thought today I would just share some food experiences from my travels.
The sculpture above is a great whistlestop cafe on the road to Melbourne at Jugiong called Long Track Pantry. Well worth a visit - actually we stopped both ways for lunch and also brought home a yummy pie for another day. I would love to have it in my garden but the price was a little high for me. It is made out of horseshoes and is about 1m high.

My first breakfast in Tasmania was at the Raspberry Farm just outside Devonport where the ferry docks. Who said you can't have ice cream for breakfast?

Very nice Ploughmans Lunch but I forget where.

This raspberry tart at the Richmond Bakery tasted just as good as it looked except it followed a chicken and leek pie and a sausage roll so it was more of a challenge to finish than it should have been.

A visit to Tasmanie has to include the D'Anvers Chocolate Factory just near Devonport.

Ok so we did eat well and my weight loss that I was so proud of has taken a backward step but isn't that what holidays are for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes-holidays are for enjoying and that includes being able to be free of feeling guilty about ALL of lifes pleasures-glad to have u back blogging!camcas

Sarah said...

Gosh you're a well travelled woman. Next time you're around for any length of time we should catch up for that coffee :)

Judy said...

Lisa,

Love the food pics- I live in tassie and don't go and enjoy such treats, hope you enjoyed our beautiful state.. Love the Horse Shoe Sculpture!

Pennie said...

Talking about Chocolate... you are a bad bad bad person for putting that 5 minute chocolate pudding recipe up on SCQuilters... I made one today after tennis :-))) Nerys tells me I mustn't give her the recipe!