Friday, August 21, 2009

Exciting News Again


I heard this morning that Bushfire Sunset by Nic Bridges and myself has been awarded 2nd prize at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham. It is so thrilling - I really wish I had been there for the announcement but can't really complain as I am having such a wonderful time in New Zealand.

If any of you are in Birmingham and want to take a picture in situ I would love to see it.

Today we had an early start for the five hour drive to Picton for the InterIsland ferry to Wellington.

It went quickly with such beautiful views as these.


11 comments:

Bernardine Hine said...

Congratulations Lisa, well done and well deserved - another feather in your cap.

Andi said...

Congratulations. It is a stunning piece!!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I think I saw it today, but honestly there is so much here, I can't be certain. This doesn't reflect on your quilt, just the size of the show. I've been here for 2 days and my mind has gone mushy. I will try to get one for you tomorrow or Sunday.
Congratulations!!!!!

June Calender said...

A wonderful quilt, congratulations. And your pictures are beautiful, all that space and peace is not a bad trade off for a very crowded quilt show. I know it'a apples and orange but ... best of both worlds.

Lindi said...

Congratulations, Lisa (and Nic!) How exciting! Another well deserved award. :)

Sue said...

Congratz on the good news from Birmingham. Well done

Jamie Fingal said...

Congratulations Lisa! Your quilt is amazing and I am so happy for you that it won a ribbon. Major happy dance.

Erica Spinks said...

Lisa, i have a pic for you. Birmingham was FANTASTIC!

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

It is absolutely lovely Lisa, big congratulations.

I have taken some photos of it in situ, and will post them to you soon.

Still in Birmingham, very tired, but happy ;O)

Marion BE said...

It was very hard to get a good photo ... people insisted on standing in front of it all the time, having a close look! Congrats on winning a prize; it was one of my show favourites!

Judy said...

Lisa,

Congratulations on another win I had not heard about this one, it is such a beautiful quilt. What a marvellous trip you are having!