Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day Gnomes


Today is Australia Day here and we went to the Australian Gnome Convention. It wasn't really a convention but more a collection of about 2000 garden gnomes including a collection rescued from a garden where the owner had died.

It was so warm I even had to buy a hat and I am not a hat person but now I am the proud owner of a nice straw hat. Maybe I could wear it while I am dyeing.

It was part of a Family Fun Day so there were lots of jumping castles and fairy (candy) floss and the traditional Australian Sausage Sizzle BBQ.

It was just nice to be out in the sunshine with lots of happy families.

Then I came home and packed my Monthly Metres for February which are really beautiful but I can't show you because I have been told that my members who read the blog say it spoils the surprise.

Tomorrow back to reality and dyeing and working on a new quilt and maybe even get around to writing that article with the looming deadline.

2 comments:

camcas said...

something about gnomes that really does NOT do it for me!!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I LOVE gnomes. My husband thinks I am daft because I want a Travelocity Roaming Gnome (well, any good-sized gnome is welcome) and a pink flamingo and a leash. They can take turns cavorting around the yard leading each other on the leash. I'm thinking one perched on a tree branch, the other swinging gleefully below......

Cheers, Sarah