Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pink Day



I belong to a challenge group originally started in Canberra in 1999 called Kambrachallenge Group.

Last year the fabric chosen was a set of fairly lurid hand dyed pink fabrics (dyed by me) and today was the reveal. You were allowed to use one more fabric and that is the only rule.

It is always very funny to see how late people start their project (usually in the last week) and what is created.

Mine - above - was done using the fusing fabric method first made popular by the Chicago School of Fusing and I had great fun creating it. My additional piece was one of my multicoloured pieces of a yellow to orange hand dye.

I was responsible for bringing along Maggie's little piece which a heavily pleated and very textural piece.

We ate lots of food and had many laughs and it was great to see everyone again.

To see the rest of them go to the official Kambrachallenge Blog.

4 comments:

anhaga sae / lisa said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Just love those bright colours!

Jill R said...

Just love your quilt. Hope to see it in person at the Quilt show at Darling Harbour next year.
Jill

Gina said...

What an awesome quilt! I clicked over to see the others and saw the close-up of your quilting - wow!

Judy said...

Lisa,

You arev A talent lot, love all interpretations of the theme.