Sunday, December 26, 2010

Made my Day

I often get emails and letters from students thanking me for a workshop or advice and always get such a thrill from them but this letter from Hania in WA really blew me away. I love teaching so to have this sort of acknowlegement really gives me such a great feeling.
 
Just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed following your travels and creative achievements around the world.  I have loved your quilt and beading designs since I first saw them over two and a half years ago in Perth.  I attended your three day workshop after the Quilt West held in the Alexander Craft House.  I did finally finish the Fabrication quilt, which now hangs in pride of place in our 'parlour'.  I learnt so much doing it.  Firstly how to make the beautiful abstracts out of fabric scraps.  Then when it was all pieced I had to teach myself how to free machine quilt and bobbin quilt.  What satisfaction to have it all work out.  I called it 'My Hamersley Gorge' , with acknowledgement to you as the designer and fabric printer.  

After completing this quilt I went on to create a quilt out of silks and this was accepted to be exhibited in the Stitched and Bound Exhibition of Contemporary Art Quilts of WA.  That was a honour I always feel was due to your initial classes. 

Thanks so much Hania - you have really made my day 

2 comments:

Joy V said...

Two beautiful quilts - you deserve the acolades Lisa, take them and enjoy.

Rayna said...

How lovely to get a letter like this, Lisa. When I get thank you notes and pictures from students, they are the best part of teaching and make it all worthwhile. Kudos to you!