Monday, April 25, 2011

Missing in Action

I have just returned from a fabulous Symposium in New Zealand. Unfortunately I left my camera battery charger at home and the internet access wasn't all that good so I didn't blog.
We had snow on the first night above the town. It melted after a few days but was pretty impressive while it lasted
 My classroom for the five days was light and airy although the heating was a little erratic. My first two day class was Breaking the Drought.
 A smaller group for Crystallisation but no less ethusiastic
 Outside my classroom was this beautiful tree. Don't know what it was called but it was already half into autumn with beautiful red berries.
 Queenstown is on the water surrounded by mountains and so picturesque.
 On my way home but just able to capture the mountains.
My classes were great - such enthusiasm from the students and it was wonderful to just immerse myself in it for a week. I also spent time with some of my idols in the quilting world and it was amazing to realise that we had so much in common. It is not all that usual for tutors to spend time together and just chat.

Roll on Taupo Symposium 2013. I will be teaching there and you can already register to keep up to date with all the news as it develops.

3 comments:

Scarlett Burroughs said...

Hi Lisa,

Love the location of your class, so pretty. Even better, those mini art quilts are fabulous. Linked to your post here, http://quilting.craftgossip.com/?p=8715

Warmly,
Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

Shirley Goodwin said...

I agree about the internet access- I took my laptop but thought the cost prohibitive (I'm a poor student these days) so only Facebooked on the free Macs in the lobby. Also agree about the great scenery and the lovely students. Great to meet you there, Lisa.

Sue Dennis said...

A good time to catch up with you also.