Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Challenges

 
I am so excited that the organisers of the Textile Arts Festival have offered to have a dedicated display space for my Whimsical Woollys Challenge pieces. This will allow them to be displayed really well to be admired.

So I have decided to run the Challenge again so some of you who bought kits but ran out of time or others that want to join in the fun can have a try. The more entries - the better the display
More time to complete your pieces this time - entries due by June 6th and you can enter on the website.
Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine also want to do a story on them so here is your opportunity to be published.

Also - the amazing variety of entries has inspired me to run another Challenge using my Hand Dyed Vintage Linens.
I will be awarding a prize of $100 worth of Dyed & Gone to Heaven goodies in each competition. 
This is an opportunity to give a new life to some gorgeous bits and pieces which have been overdyed to bring out their beauty.
I will also be including a small pack of coordinating beads in the linen pack for further embellishment. You can paint, stamp, bead, cut up, hand or machine stitch your items to create something beautiful.
 
Deadline for this Challenge will be the same - 6th June.

3 comments:

Lindi said...

Great news! :)))

Hannele said...

Hi Lisa, I finally finished the reverse applique quilt I started already a year ago. It was fun to make, so thank you once more for the nice pattern. If you want to have a look you'll find it here: http://welennah.vuodatus.net/blog/2861445/kaanteisapplikaatio-valmistui-reverse-applique-finished/

Lisa Walton said...

Hi Hannele - it looks great and I think you have done a terrific job with the quilting.