Monday, June 20, 2011

Cohuna

 
I have spent the last few days in Cohuna at their annual Quilters Weekend. It was my second time there and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time. I love workshops where I can spend more than one day with the same group and watch them develop.
My happy group with some of their magnificent work.
 
This was another Textured Treasures workshop and I had a mix of traditional and art quilters at many different levels and experiences which is always a challenge. I always try to ensure that everyone gets what they want out of the workshop which can be difficult as a teacher. However, it is always what makes it so rewarding when I feel I have achieved it. The feedback I get from my students often blows me away and I will continue to strive for this.

Stamps made with Ezi Carve of leaves and combined to form a collage

Stamps made of foam
 Fabric which has been painted then rubbed with texture plates and oil crayons with a spider web made with foil.

No comments: