Monday, September 12, 2011

On Its Way

In this simple box is the result of a year's work and planning and stress and sleepless nights!
Unbelievably all the quilts for my Jewel Pearce Patterson Scholarship Exhibition - Textured Treasures are packed into this innocuous box. It might look small but is quite heavy and has been dispatched to Houston. Nervous few days until it arrives but I am so relieved that it is done and on it's way.

Here are a couple more of the gorgeous quilts in the Exhibition.
This is Windows on Orvieto. Robyn Anderson joined me last year at my workshop in Orvieto in Italy and most of the fabrics in this quilt were created in our wonderful studio and balcony in the Italian sun. It was such fun that Robyn is already talking about returning for my next class this time next year. If you would like to join us here is the link to the Adventures in Italy site.

 Jenny Bowker has made this amazing quilt called Talisman and more information can be found on her blog
 Maggie Gilbert has combined a wonderful selection of fabrics with turtle motifs from her trip to Hawaii last year. They are so cute and there is some excellent hand embroidery on their backs.

5 comments:

dissertations said...

cool post! thanks!

Kathleen Loomis said...

congratulations! I bet the show will be wonderful

Judy said...

Lisa,

You must be getting more excited about Houston by the minute, these quilts are all beautiful and how lucky these people were to take some of your workshops. i don't want to embarass you but I spent time today checking out results of your thread dying workshop such yummy results and such praise I think you are an inspiring person to be around. Hope all is just as you wish for your Houston show.

essays said...

My congratulations!

essay writing said...

I like this post. Thanks.