Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fabulous Felts


When I was at Houston I was on the lookout for products that I could add to our range while still maintaining our obsession with colour and texture and I think I found it. The talented ladies at Handbehg have created an amazing range of true recycled woolen felts which are just so tactile and colourful that they fitted our brief perfectly.

We have just received the first part of our order and I couldn't wait to get them on the website and I plan to showcase some of them over a few blog posts.

I have bought most of their kits which are just brilliant. Original designs with everything you need to make a variety of jewellery and accessories.
The Charm Bracelet was my first attempt. I have to admit that although I have a zillion beads and lots of findings etc (the bits to make jewellery) I have never really done much apart from a few earrings. The kits are well described to tell you what you have in the kit and what extra you might need - which is usually not very much. But in this case it called for jewellery pliers. I had some (of course) but most people don't so I have also sourced some sets of three jewellery tools and have them available on the website in our increasingly popular Accessories Section

Here are some of my little felted balls with the beads and eye rings attached and coiled ready to be attached to the bracelet chain with jump rings (all included in the kit)
It tool me about 2 hours in front of the tv to get them all done and attached to the bracelet and the next day I fine tuned some of them. I think I have left the chain a bit long and could adjust it if I felt like it but I probably won't.
Here is the final bracelet - isn't it gorgeous? (Thanks to my talented hand model Sarah Fielke)

So this is the Bracelet Kit and I think it is really clever. You can get more details on the website here.

I will be increasing the range over the next few weeks but wanted to show you ASAP as these kits are sure to be very popular Christmas gifts either made up or given as the kits. They are suitable for ages over 9 years old and will appeal to a large range.



2 comments:

Banaghaisge said...

Oooh, they are wonderful, look good enough to eat! And the colours are wonderful. Making me go all drooly and weird, thanks for finding them!
Hugs, Jas

Vivian Helena said...

beautiful... love all the colors