Monday, April 1, 2013

BBBQ is HERE!

Well it has finally been released. My first book - Beautiful Building Block Quilts is now available on Amazon which means everyone else has it too. It has been very exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing what people think of it.
 At the recent Stitches and Craft Show in Brisbane I had an exhibition of most of the quilts in the book. Lots of people took the postcards I left in the exhibition so hopefully they are stuck on noticeboards and fridges all over Queensland.
It was great to see them all there and I heard lots of great feedback. I have already had one review on Amazon.
Lisa makes wonderful use of color and shapes. I have made her quilts using hand dyed fabric and batiks. They always turn out gorgeous. This book gives you the knowledge you need to open your mind and be creative. 

I have designed a workshop based on the book called Building Block Quilt Design and some are scheduled as follows. Would be great to see some of you there.

Building Block Quilt Design

Quilt design for non designers. Learn how to design simple blocks, create a variety of proportional designs and build them into a striking original quilt design.

Based on Lisa Walton book; Beautiful Building Block Quilts;

This class can be held as a one or two day class
Day 1 Designing your blocks .You will learn how to design your own simple quilt blocks, create a variety of proportional sizes and then build them into a striking improvised design. You will be amazed at how easy it is to create an original contemporary quilt design using simple shapes and colours with endless possibilities. Topics covered include shape, proportion, colour and piecing. Sample blocks are stitched and reviewed.

Day 2 ; Building your quilt. Once you have stitched enough blocks in a variety of sizes you will be able to start to play around with the design. You will learn how to put your blocks together in a variety of layouts as well as incorporating the border into the design. How to work around those unexpected problems and turn them into the perfect creative decisions and quilting options will also be discussed.

Skill level; Beginner to Intermediate

Upcoming Dates
Date : 18th May 2013 to 19th May 2013
Location : NSW - Berry Patchwork Quilt Studio

Date : 14th October 2013 to 15th Oct 2013
Location : QLD - Patchwork Paradise - Rockhampton
Other Information:Contact Margaret for more information
I have signed copies available on my website as well as the usual booksellers. I would love to know what you think of it and any sightings on shelves would be very exciting.

1 comment:

Bern said...

Hi Lisa! I am away on a quilting weekend and have just read a copy of your wonderful book. Before I went to order a copy of my own I just wanted to let you know how wonderful I think it is. I do think it has the best explanation of how to design a quilt I have ever read! Best of luck with the book. Bernadette