Friday, December 6, 2013

TEXTures Stencils

I am always excited when I get a new release of stencils from Artistcellar.

They are a new set of Text based stencils from Jill Berry. Stencils from the abstracted calligraphic work from playful symbols to abstracted letters, these designs inspire, tell a story, and playfully express ideas, creatures, people, and words. All designs 6" x 6". I love putting text on fabric.

Here are a few before and after pieces which were really quick to do. I just used some Dual Textcraft paint and a stiff stencil brush over some samples from my Surface Design classes. It's all about layering and is a great way to improve some fairly average fabrics.

GERA
This is before
  
After
BIRD
Before
  
After
  
PICASSO
Before
After
  

MIRO
Before
  
After



1 comment:

Sarah Ann Smith said...

OH MY...gorgeous! I may have to treat myself to those after the holidays... I have been lusting after them.....