Saturday, March 22, 2008

Dyeing Threads

A couple of years ago I purchased a selection of yarns to try out for dyeing but of course it was a bit fiddly so I put them aside. I did, however, get as far as tying them in even hanks and labelling them with tyvek. Unfortunately I bought them from Rooby's Web of Thread which no longer exists so even if I liked them enough to do more I am probably unable to find them.

Anyway - I had some leftover dyes and armed with a You Tube Video of yarn dyeing I thought I would give it a go.




Here they are rinsing


Not too bad - there are some white gaps still but they will be added to the pile of things to use sometime.




7 comments:

Julie said...

These threads look fantastic! I can't wait to see how you use them.

Anonymous said...

Yum!

Rayna said...

Gorgeous, Lisa. Makes me wish I were still knitting!

Lindi said...

Yum indeed! Better than chocolate!

cat in tassie said...

Wow, what a great combination of colour and texture! Like Julie, I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Quilty Cat said...

Quite tantalising!
Surely you can use them for embellishing or ???? Carmel
PS Commerisations on the passport.

Downunderdale said...

I do like those green ones at the bottom! - Dale