Friday, November 14, 2008

Adelaide and environs

Finally back after the Adelaide Show which was a lot of fun.
We stayed at Glenelg which is a seaside suburb and it was lovely to start and finish each day walking down by the water. Still a bit cool for a swim but lovely to look at.


After the show I had been invited to teach for two groups. Here is my class at Victor Harbor with their beautiful Aurora Quilts. Don't they look wonderful?

The venue was the Victor Harbor Sailing Club which was light and airy and everyone had their own table and plenty of room.

Goolwa (not Victor Harbor - I stand corrected) is at the mouth of the Murray Darling River which unfortunately is suffering from the drought. Here are some shots showing how low the river it. It has resulted in lots more bird life but so sad. It used to be lapping at the shores.



Saw this truck in a carpark - don't see offers like that everyday do you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry lisa-I can't stand it and have to correct you{:)} GOOLWA is at the mouth of the Murray not Victor Harbor! I wish i had dragged out some "before"shots to show you-so beautiful. I hope it doesnt get worse,but fear it will :(

Anonymous said...

camcas

Judy said...

Lisa,

Lovely to see the roses they grow so well in SA, also loved the Aurora display - topical for me as I am working on mine right now.