Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bits and Pieces


I was asked about my cutting mat. It is a wonderfully large mat called a Mega Mat that I bought from Quilters Rule in the US. I bought a couple with a friend to save on postage so it was pretty reasonable. It is 72" x 36" which happily is the EXACT measurement of my Horn Craft Table which we use for cutting. We do a lot of cutting and it is great to have something the right height and also covering the whole table.

I also have some images sent to me of quilts completed in workshops and friends which I am always thrilled to see.

Jan Gilbert in the US made this verison of Outback nights for a friend at work. Don't you just think of Van Gogh's Starry Nights.

This is Pat Goddens version of Cutout Magic from the Be Creative Workshop at Coffs Harbour

This is Peggy's Breaking the Drought from St Helens in Tasmania and this is what she said when she sent it to me. Makes me so happy to get things like this. Makes up for the bad days.

Hi Lisa I thought you would like to see the finished item from the class at St Helens from Peg who didnt think she could put different cottons in bobbin and was sure she would not be able to do the course. Thank you so much I learnt a great deal about the stitches on my machine and with the pieces left over I have done some crazy patch work to make some cushion covers with these. I really enjoyed the class and I am sure my daughter will be pleased with her birthday present


PS Ruler/Cutter and Thread racks are gone but the hoop still available.

No comments: