Thursday, August 12, 2010

O is for Octopus


Jodie did my Creative Beading class recently and I was thrilled to get this photo of her lovely ATC.
This is what she said in her email - isn't it a joy when you can give people permission just to have fun,

I never thought I would be able to manage something like that with all those little beads & stitching. In my first solo attempt I blinged up a little octopus on my O is for ATC. Surprise, surprise, NOT! It has 8 little free hanging beaded legs and outlined body. The comments I have received from the recipients have been amazing. So thanks for adding a new dimension to my work and for allowing me to start believing that I am able and can do things, even if it is slowly.

3 comments:

Anne said...

That is adorable!

Chriss said...

It sure is adorable, and how good is it to be able to step outside the box. A lovely piece of work.

Judy said...

Lisa,

what a lively little ATC, I know how Jodie feels, she's very clever. When I bought one of your Aurora kits and managed it all on my own I was so thrilled I could do beading something I never dreamed I would do. A complement to your instructions which left nothing to doubt.