Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Catch Up Time - Darwin

I have been away - very away - as my last trip was a bizarre route of Alice Springs, Darwin then Luxembourg. As you can imagine, the combination of having too much fun and sporadic internet access meant no blogging although I did try and keep some of you up to date with my Facebook page. I know not all of you like Facebook but I love it's immediate gratification aspect and find I use it more all the time.

We had some time before the workshop so went to the Crocodylus Crocodile farm.

It was great fun getting up close and personal to the crocs.

The local newspaper had really dramatic headlines everyday.

Lots of really interesting fabrics were created on the first day of our Textured Treasures Workshop.


I was so thrilled when Barbara went home after the first day with some of her fabrics and came back the next day with this gorgeous frog lilypad.


 Of course I was there to work and the Darwin Patchwork and Quilters have a great venue where they have their own office and storeroom with lockers and a great big room for the workshop. There was plenty of space for all the students and a big lawn outside for for our fabric to dry and create great sunprints with our wonderful Sun Dyes.

Here are some of my happy students and their quilts - they look terrific and we all had a great time.


 

No comments: