Saturday, February 9, 2013

Gum Leaves


This is the sampler I have been working on this week. I love the textures and colour combinations and for reasons best known to myself I creates an irregular shaped bottom.

I raided our stock - just because I can - and used some green hand dyed velvet
A set of the Triple Treat Silks - Dupioni Silk, Silk chiffon and more silk velvet
A few pieces of Colourweb which I overlayed and then fused to some  dupioni silk using Mistyfuse
  
I also stencilled some silks and cottons and linens with Opulence paints to get this interesting textured fabric. This stencil is called Roadmap from the Textures series.
  
Then I just kept playing and painting and stamping until I had a couple of metres of embellished fabrics to stitch.

Then I cut all the created fabrics into random strips and pieced them (also) randomly in the gold/orange colourway and the green colourway.

When they were all pieced into the quilt top -I started quilting using a 12wt Aurifil Mako cotton for more texture. On the green collages I quilted a leaf in all the rectangles except where I had fused velvet and bubbles around the leaves


On the gold colourway I just quilted random leaves.

I am really happy with this sampler. It gives you lots of ideas of how to use our products and I hope it has given you some inspiration too.

All these products are available on the Dyed & Gone to Heaven Website and this sampler will be on our stand at the Brisbane Stitches and Craft Show next month and the AQC in April.


2 comments:

Margie Kraft said...

Lisa, Just wanted to say that your work is beautiful. I have listed your blog on my own blog for a tag that I received. Hope you get some hits as a result. You are welcome to pass on if it works for you. Margie at http://margiekraft.blogspot.com/

Judy said...

Love your sampler Lisa.