Friday, July 5, 2013

SAQA Benefit Auction 2013

I'm not sure if I have posted on my blog that I am one of the Oceania Representatives for SAQA - Studio Art Quilts Associates. SAQA is an organisation founded to serve artists working in the Art Quilt medium as well as teachers, collectors, gallery owners and corporate sponsors who recognise the importance of the Art Quilt.

Their goals are to publish, publicize, educate, create a network, produce quality exhibitions and to encourage critical writing about our medium

I would really recommend that you visit the SAQA Website  and have a look through all the resources available.

The main fund raiser for this not for profit organisation is the annual Auction where 12'' x 12'' quilts are auctioned. These quilts are donated by members and last year 394 quilts were sold for a total of over $67,000! It is held in September and it is definitely not too early to start checking out your favourites

This year the Oceania Group banded together and 32 quilts donated quilts were sent over for the Auction as the Oceania Collection. We were very proud of the great variety and quality.

So you can now see them online and we have also created a link which is on my Side Bar to the Right of this post of most of the Oceania Collection as well as another link to a great selection of the full selection of quilts. I hope you will take the time to watch the slideshows for some great inspiration.

If you would like to join SAQA - I'd love our group to reach the magic 100 members (nearly there) - drop me a line as I will be able to show you how you can get a 10% discount on your first year's subscription.

I am very honoured that I have been invited to join the Board of SAQA from October this year and will be the only non North American member of the Board. It is an amazing honour and it will be great to represent our region. I am really looking forward to it.

No comments: